Where to Go for Help
- To find out about school programs
and services, call the Alexandria City
Public Schools Information (703-824-6600) or speak with school staff
- To report child abuse or neglect,
Child Protective Services (703-746-5800)
or the Child Abuse Hotline (1-800-552-7096)
or to find out information about family social services (child care, food
stamps, housing), call: 703-746-4900
- To confidentially report any crime
(non-emergency), domestic violence or other suspicious activities, call the Alexandria Police (703-838-4444).To
report graffiti, call the Alexandria
Police (703-838-4444) or submit a complaint
online. In cases of Emergency, call 911.
- Protective orders in domestic
assault matters and juvenile probation, contact the Alexandria Court Service Unit (703-746-4144).
- To get information on public
counseling, advocacy and support services:
Mental health and substance abuse
Domestic violence hotline and shelter:
Victim Witness Assistance Program:
Sexual Assault Hotline: 703-683-7273
Message Line: 703-717-TEEN (8336)
- For Emergency Mental Health Services call 703-746-3401
- For information on city services,
including specific services for culturally and linguistically diverse
residents, please call the Office of
Communications and Public Information Division of Community Affairs (703-746-4800)
- To get information on recreation/art
enrichment programs and parks throughout the City, call Alexandria Recreation and Parks (703-746-4343)
- Teen Information and Referral line
provides information on City and Community youth programs and services at
- For Before and After school programs
such as Head Start, call The Campagna
Center at 703-549-0111
- For parenting programs, call SCAN at (703-820-9001)
- For new baby family support
programs, call Healthy Families and
Northern Virginia Family Services (703-370-3223)
- For information on teen pregnancy,
call Teen Pregnancy - Health Department
(703-746-4400) or the Alexandria Campaign
on Adolescent Pregnancy (ACAP) (703-746-5030).
- To get information on job referrals
and training, call visit the City of Alexandria’s Workforce Development Center website: https://alexandriava.gov/WorkforceDevelopment
- To get information on health
services, call the Health Department
(703-746-4400); Arlandria Clinic (703-535-5568); Casey Clinic (703-519-5979); or Teen Wellness Center (703-746-4776).
- For local resources available in the
City, please click here.
For resources available in the Northern Virginia area, please visit the Northern
Virginia Regional Commission.
information on programs, services and resources, call Joe Regotti, Gang
Prevention & Intervention Coordinator at 703-746-4502 or 746-4144 or
note: phone numbers may change over time. Please call Mike Mackey
(703-746-4496) if you need assistance.
Related Web Sites