City of Alexandria, VA
The Alexandria Law Library collection contains over 20,000 print volumes supplemented with computerized databases such as Westlaw, Internet access and CD-ROMs. Books are arranged by subject matter. Our electronic catalog is currently only accessible from within the library. However, the library staff will answer any questions about our collection by telephone. Major materials in the collection include:
- State & Local Codes: Virginia, Maryland, DC, Alexandria
- Extensive Virginia practice collection (Administrative Code, Michie's Jurisprudence, Acts of Assembly, Opinions from VA Circuit Court, Court of Appeals and Supreme Court, forms & many subject-specific treatises)
- United States Code Annotated (USCA)
- Federal Practice materials and forms
- Legal Dictionary
- Restatements: 1st, 2nd and 3rd
- ALR: 1st through 5th and Federal
- Treatises on domestic relations law, landlord-tenant relations, bankruptcy, employment law, traffic infractions, driving under the influence, trial practice, personal injury, criminal law, taxation, medical malpractice, business formation, commercial law, insurance, contracts and much more....
WESTLAW Subscription, includes:
- State & Federal Case Law, Statutes and Court Rules
- Reference Materials such as ALRs, AmJur, the Restatements, Uniform Laws Annotated, law reviews and journals, jury verdict materials, a forms database and KeyCite
- Secondary materials (treatises) on selected topics such as Bankruptcy, Intellectual Property, Criminal Law, Employment Law, Evidence, Federal Practice, Personal Injury, Products Liability, Property Law, Tax Law, Workers Compensation, and more.
LEXISNEXIS subscription includes:
- Virginia case law, statutes and court rules
- Virginia reference materials and Shepard’s Citations
- Fairfax Circuit Court Practice Manual
- Model Interrogatories
• The law library houses superseded volumes and pocket parts from the Virginia Code in its archives. This area is not accessible to patrons. However, the librarian will gladly retrieve volumes for you upon request by title number, section and year.