Alexandria's Strategic Plan
Alexandria's Strategic Plan for 2004-2015 was adopted by City Council in 2004, and amended in 2006. It was replaced by the updated Strategic Plan approved in June 2010.
Strategic Planning Goals
- Goal 1: Alexandria has quality development and redevelopment, support for local businesses and a strong, diverse and growing local economy.
- Goal 2: Alexandria respects, protects and enhances the health of its citizens and the quality of its natural environment.
- Goal 3: A multimodal transportation network that supports sustainable land use and provides internal mobility and regional connectivity for Alexandrians.
- Goal 4: Alexandria is a community that supports and enhances the well-being, success and achievement of children, youth and families.
- Goal 5: Alexandria is financially sustainable, efficient, community oriented and values its employees.
- Goal 6: The City protects the safety and security of its residents, businesses, employees and visitors.
- Goal 7: Alexandria is a caring and inclusive community that values its rich diversity, history and culture, and promotes affordability.