For Immediate Release: November 30, 2012
“Rock Your Park” – Winter 2012-2013 Community Open Play at Ben Brenman Park Synthetic Turf Field
The City of Alexandria Department of Recreation, Parks and Cultural Activities is celebrating “Rock Your Park” by offering free Community Open Play Days and Nights throughout this winter at the Ben Brenman Park synthetic turf field. Beginning December 4, 2012 through February 17, 2013, families, friends and neighbors of all ages are encouraged to visit our fields to exercise, play soccer, lacrosse, touch football, rugby, frisbee and much more. Staff monitored activities will be available as follows:
Ben Brenman Park Field, 4800 Brenman Park Dr.
- Tuesday & Thursday from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Saturday 12 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Sunday 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Guidelines to consider as you go to “Rock Your Park”:
- Show courtesy to all other field users.
- No permits or registration will be required and use will be on a first come, first served basis.
- No uniformed teams or structured games allowed.
- Participants must provide their own equipment /balls.
- Tennis shoes or turf shoes only.
- Pick-up game time limits enforced.
- No pets, smoking, alcohol, or music allowed at the fields.
- Youth must be accompanied by a parent or adult chaperone.
- HAVE FUN!!!!
We look forward to seeing you in our parks and at our fields. For additional information, call Mac Slover at 703.746.5402 or e-mail at email@example.com.
The City of Alexandria is committed to compliance with the City’s Human Rights Code and the Americans with Disabilities Act. To request a reasonable accommodation or to request materials in an alternative format, call Mac Slover with the Department of Recreation, Parks and Cultural Activities at 703.746.5407 (VA Relay 711) or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.