City of Alexandria to Open Recreation Centers and Pools on July 4
As the City of Alexandria continues to recover from the severe storm on June 29, thousands of residents remain without power. Due to the extended power outage many are experiencing, the City will open recreation centers as cooling locations from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. on the Independence Day Holiday on July 4. The only recreation center that will be closed is Patrick Henry Recreation Center, which remains shut down due to a power outage. Residents can visit the following locations on July 4:
- Charles Barrett Center, 1115 Martha Custis Dr.
- Charles Houston Center, 901 Wythe St.
- Chinquapin Park Center, 3210 King St. (open 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. only)
- Cora Kelly Center, 25 W. Reed Ave.
- Dr. Oswald Durant Center, 1605 Cameron St.
- Mt. Vernon Center, 2701 Commonwealth Ave.
- Nannie J. Lee Center, 1108 Jefferson St.
- William Ramsay Center, 5650 Sanger Ave.
City pools will also be open on July 4:
- The Memorial Pool at Charles Houston Center; open noon to 6 p.m.
- Old Town Pool, 1609 Cameron St.; open noon to 7 p.m.
- Warwick Pool, 3301 Landover St.; open noon to 6 p.m.
For information or status updates on power outages, residents must contact Dominion Virginia Power at 866.366.4357. For more information in the City-related information regarding storm recovery, visit http://alexandriava.gov/Storm.