FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: August 4, 2008
Department of Recreation, Parks, and Cultural Activities
Fall Program Guide Now Available
Registration for Fall Classes Opens Monday, August 18
The Department of Recreation, Parks and Cultural Activities will release its Fall 2008 Program Guide this week. The program guide highlights City classes, programs, activities and special events occurring September through December. Registration for fall classes and activities begin at 9 a.m. on Monday, August 18.
Individuals who subscribed to receive the program guide will receive it in the mail. Residents who did not subscribe can download a free copy by visiting alexandriava.gov/recreation or pick up a printed copy at the following locations:
- Office of Citizen Assistance, City Hall, 301 King St.
- Lloyd House, 220 N. Washington St.
- The Lyceum, 201 S. Washington St.
- Ramsay House (Visitor Center), 221 King St.
- Ford Ward Park Museum, 4301 W. Braddock Rd.
- Charles Barrett Recreation Center, 1115 Martha Custis Dr.
- Chinquapin Park Recreation Center, 3210 King St.
- Cora Kelly Recreation Center, 25 W. Reed Ave.
- Dr. Oswald Durant Memorial Recreation Center, 1605 Cameron St.
- Jerome “Buddie” Ford Nature Center, 5750 Sanger Ave.
- Mount Vernon Recreation Center, 2701 Commonwealth Ave.
- Nannie J. Lee Memorial Recreation Center, 1108 Jefferson St.
- Patrick Henry Recreation Center, 4643 Taney Ave.
- William Ramsay Recreation Center, 5650 Sanger Ave.
- Barrett Branch Library, 717 Queen St.
- Beatley Central Library, 5005 Duke St.
- Burke Branch Library, 4701 Seminary Rd.
- Duncan Branch Library, 2501 Commonwealth Ave.
Program guides are mailed to subscribers three times each year: Fall Programs (August); Winter Programs (December); and Spring and Summer Programs (March). For a free subscription to the Department of Recreation, Parks and Cultural Activities’ Program Guides, individuals may visit alexandriava.gov/recreation or call 703.838.4343.