Intellectual Disability Services
- Individual and family needs assessments
- Assistance finding, funding and utilizing services such as speech, occupational and physical therapies
- Assistance accessing and maintaining entitlements such as social security and Medicaid
- Education for parents of children with intellectual disabilities
- In-home training and personal care assistance
- Respite care
- Assisted and supervised living including group homes and apartments
- Day programs for adults including placement in jobs, work crews, sheltered workshops and pre-vocational programs
See also, PIE, a program that provides intellectual disability services for children.
Services are available to residents of the City of Alexandria. Adults with a diagnosis of intellectual disability, or infants, toddlers and children whose development is slower than expected are eligible for services. To schedule an appointment, call 703.746.3400 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday, and ask to speak with an intake worker.